Friday, June 20, 2008

At Last!

Finally I am back on the internet!!! It is a great day...
So to fill you in on what I've been up to lately and what I have been wearing, I decided to take a few pictures of outfits and write stories that correspond with what I did on that day...

This is what I wore to the "Festival 101" symposium that I volunteered for at Worldwide Short Film Festival. It was pretty amazing, the festival director for WSFF is Australian so I was interested in hearing how she got to where she is now. One of my life goals is now to create a festival. Its not really out of reach either, thats what I like about my life goals these days, its all about realism. Cardigan and shorts are secondhand and the shirt is H&M.

This is what I was planning on wearing to see the "Scene not Heard" program for WSFF, a collection of particularly good music videos featuring a 3D version of "Wanderlust" by Bjork. However it rained so I wore jeans instead... Cardigan is secondhand, shirt is $2 from street vendor and skirt is American Apparel.

This is what I plan on wearing tomorrow at work and after work when I meet Esther Stace and Rizz! I also wore this when I went out for dinner with my friend Nelia on Monday in Chinatown. She's now in Paris for 3 weeks :( Shirt is Urban Outfitters and skirt is American Apparel.

What else have I been doing... We have been interviewing a whole pile of people to be our new housemates. We have Emily moving in on Monday, she seems sweet and she goes to OCAD which is like the Ontario art school. Kania has been desperately planning for her Europe trip, I'm hoping the new housemates will fill the void she will leave. And I am hopeful we will find someone good for Kris's room soon. Hopeful that it will be a cute boy... I've been having a few late night parties, last weekend I hung out with my H&M/now reallife friend Lily, the bars were open late for North by Northeast so I got home at 6am... I'm excited to party with Esther, Stace and Rizz again, its been too too long.
So here are some things that I like in magazines lately.




...lots of Sonia Rykiel and Coley Claire. Lovin' it like McDonalds.
Oh and all your sheer clothing purchases made me think I should share my sheer blouse collection with you!!

l-r: Black blouse from Urban Outfitters, Florals from Forever 21, Polka Dots from H&M and Yellow from Forever 21. You can see through about half of my shirts these days, its hot.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have that white with blue dots see thru top too. ooer.

natalie. said...

I hope we don't wear it at the same time!!! In different countries! Oh No!
You should hit up Canada and get some sweet H&M employee discount ;)

Anonymous said...

Hehehe. I went to H&M Today in San Fran. The Vegas one is so shit compared! I bought a little red riding hoodie, a pan collar semi checky (not tartan) white and blue one anddddd became confused as to what size knickers I was. It's difficult adapting to the sizing :(

how long you got left in Canadiaaa? I'm staying with a Canadian boy in Vegas, his accent is great!

I want to live in another world too now!

natalie. said...

Yeah the sizing took me a while too... My H&M is apparently the best H&M in North America, or so our area manager keeps telling us, its very difficult to work there...
I have almost 3 months left in Canada, I will be back in Australia September 22nd. I'm so used to Canadian accents, they don't even sound like accents anymore!