Thursday, June 26, 2008

I just awoke from a really vivid dream, and I will recount it here so I can recall it later on! It was one of those sleeps where you can't wake up, my doggeh had been restless all night and I was like "oh"- fall back down & snore. 

OK so I was sleeping on the floor of Retravision, which I understood to be at my local shopping mall but looked more like the King of Prussia mall in PA, America. also the inside of the shop was like a dentist's waiting room, the waiting room of my oral surgeon, actually. I was asleep in a chair and my high school boyfriend, Gavin, was asleep on the floor. I was also experiencing the same crazy heavy sleep as I just explained. It's important to note here that it wasn't Gavin from 5+ years ago, it was Gavin as I know him to look today thanks to Facebook and our mutual friends. I was so tired I went out to my mum's car in the carpark, though it was really hot. My mum drives a Lexus but this was a new silver Commodore, and I couldn't decipher how to lock the car doors while I slept whilst keeping the windows open slightly to allow air to pass through the hot car. There were other people in the carpark too but the windows were tinted. I knew that we were in gang land, so I wanted to be able to let Gavin and Mum in the car without allowing any gang members in. 

Okay while I was asleep (in the dream) I reminisced about earlier eating Subway for lunch and being horrified at the glorious choices of meats available. I asked for a vege delite but the sandwich artist kept putting meatballs and things that were shaped like vegetables but actually made from veal in my foot-long. For some reason though, I was so hungry that I ordered a 6-inch and ate that whilst the sandwich artist made the other 6 inches of heaven. Also Gavin's sandwich (chicken fillet with mayo, lettuce, tomato and onion - true story) was deep fried for some reason. An interesting point to note here is that Gavin couldn't eat his sandwich if he saw the mayo being applied, whereas I had to watch everything being done and hence why Subway was often a popular choice for us. That part is true, dream or no dream!

Okay so I was grappling with the concept of windows and locks and heat in the car whilst I slept, probably similarly to grappling with my dog's restlessness in real life. At one point I sat up really fast and hit the roof off the car, so I was sitting in a metal chassis with windows up and the gangs were laughing! I tried to pull a new roof out of the front of the car and the whole thing folded up into a curved bar like the ones that the roof rests on in a Jeep, but I closed my eyes really tight and I was back in the car again. 

Next I was home, I don't know how I got there. I was in my bed and it was dusk, and instead of the wildlife park opposite my house there was the foreshore where bands, etc. often play. For some reason I'd been involved in the setup of this and Gavin's youngest brother Moe had found my VIP pass somewhere and was using it. I was ok with that!

Gavin SMS'd me to tell me he'd gotten home okay and had chosen Cripps, whereas my Mum had chosen Bloods. My sister walked in where I recounted the whole ordeal to her and she said she was going to McDonalds. I asked her to bring me home a cheeseburger meal with no meat and a vanilla milkshake, and passed her $5 from the huge jar of coins on my bedside table (does not exist).

The end!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dude! we both had dreams last night and blogged about them! wavvvvvvelength. reply to ma facebook msg;[[[

Anonymous said...

haha wow i actually read that. it's kind of amazing. i ate subway yesterday for the first time in ages, i tried to tell the mexican (?) lady behind the counter to change her glove as i couldn't have meat and didn't want a meaty glove. she nodded and proceded to not take off her gloves and start making my sandwich. FAIL. however I ate it anyway because well.. it's vegas & i can't be too picky. i also ate a vege burger from burger king the other day. another huge fail as i probably ingested animal extracts galore.

anyway just funny how you dream of subway meats and i probably inadvertantly ate subway meats!