Friday, June 6, 2008

Winter Love


After purchasing a 2,500$ laptop and deciding to take a month off actual work, my itch to spend must be subsided with ops again this winter break. It's a good thing, really - I have 5 weeks between semester end and secondment start, I need to build up 10 weeks of work wardrobe and preparation for winter chills and summer flings after that. 
This is a good opportunity to spend my days in Armadale, Midland, Cannington, and the like! But after spending time trawling through the Vogue op shop thread I've come to a few realizations.

I am going to set out with a good list of things to buy, rather than be daunted by a warehouse full of clothes. I am also going to highlight my already elaborate winter wardrobe with pieces that I'm missing, and accessories. I don't accessorize enough! Spending the winter in the northern hemisphere has provided me with plenty of coats and dresses, so now I need more jeans, knits and skirts. I am also looking for tan leather accessories (like the plaited belt and clutch I bought from the Claremont sale, for $3!), hair accessories and socks. I am all about the knee socks lately, and I look like a grown up schoolgirl when it's done wrong but over tights and with a knee-length dress, they are AWESOME.

Your winter wardrobe has been a source of inspiration and so with this I present to you, the list...
- A-line skirts (I have enough pencil!)
- Hip-length jacket, maybe with a hood
- Long line cardigan
- Lace-up boots (Luella style)
- Wrist length gloves (completely impractical in Perth but nonetheless)
- something with colour

The incomparable Audrey Horne

I am also experiencing a love affair with vintage lingerie. Every blogger does at some point, and I guess it's my turn now! I've stocked up on basics and have seam-free everything in every colour, now it's fun time. See: Elle Macpherson Intimates and Stella McCartney for Bendon as hygienic inspiration. The Ayten Gasson website is also fueling this fire.. I shall see whether I cross the line into real vintage or not. Don't hold your breath.


No comments: