Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Time stands still when I think of you

What has happened to our blog! No updates in two weeks, thats almost embarassing... I at least have a good excuse for why I haven't updated, my computer broke about a week ago, totally broken beyond repair. I'm considering buying a laptop in the next few weeks even though I can't afford it at all, I still kinda want one... I had an extremely crazy weekend just past, lots of drinking and dance parties, things inappropriate for discussion on the internet. This coming weekend is Polacko's going away party :( sad times, but at least with him moving to London I will have somewhere to stay when I go there!
So because I haven't had a computer/the internet for a while now, I haven't really been very inspired by anything new. I did get an amazing hair cut last Thursday though which I have gotten nothing but compliments about. It kinda looks like this on one side...

... and its longer on the other. Its freaking hot and I love it so much.
So I also applied for a job at Toronto Film Festival, I haven't heard back from them yet but before I applied, I asked my volunteer coordinator from Images to be my reference (she also works for TIFF) and she's going to recommend me for another position! Its one that doesn't get advertised, only people who are recommended by theatre staff can apply, so thats totally the best thing ever! Working for TIFF will be the best cap off for this whole canadian adventure of mine, I'm so excited!

In other film news, Bloor Cinema is showing some French new wave films in the coming weeks, I think I'm going to see Jules and Jim by Francois Truffaut. I need to feel inspired.

No comments: