Saturday, August 2, 2008

Week Two


This is week two of my ten week prac - means eight weeks til you come home, but also eight weeks of mailing brochures and being office bitch. On the other hand, my work is going really well - I have booked two program items this week and I am probably starting on my big gallery projects next week.

Tonight I saw The Savages with Thomas and I really enjoyed it! He said it was miserable but I felt like it was a realistic optimism. Shit happens, whatever, move on.

Tonight I also tried to order an iPhone, but to no avail. Last night I queued for 40 minutes to find out I had less than 100 points of ID, and tonight I had sufficient proof of identity but to secure a phone, I would have to start paying for the contract now and not receive the goods for another 4-6 weeks! No!

I am trying not to think about clothes too much or look at too many, but this picture in Yen gave me so many hot ideas.



Cue looking on ebay for crinoline skirts, factor in excessive postage, and voila! Will update if I make a purchase. I want black but there is a canary yellow one in my watching list. I see... Puffy skirt under sweetheart black dress, floral arrangement on wrist, raspberry lipstick. Now I just need a date for the prom, heh.

I have been looking at http://www.theselby.com/ for interior inspiration lately. I found it from the Yen website and boy oh boy.

I love Lesley Arfin and her apartment is really cute -



but Ryan Korban (interior designer, figures) has the pad I am coveting right now. 

My room is all natural wood, white, grey and purple, but I would love a white fur rug (faux) like the one on his bed right now. I can't wait to assemble a house, I have a semi-offer of moving into a place on Walcott St so I might be decorating sooner than I thought...

Tomorrow I am going to bunnings to try find a light string with exposed bulbs, I need more wattage in my life... plus the pig lamp that I am looking after for Esther blew its replacement light bulb! I will post pictures if I get the glow happening. Talk to you in 8 hours!

p.s. I am loving Electrelane right now.

1 comment:

natalie. said...

I want my new room to be all dark/black wood and white/beige everything else, I think it will go well with my bed at home. I'm hoping it will encourage me to keep things tidy as well... I also want a living room with bookshelves full up to the ceiling.
The Savages made me feel weird hey! Like it didn't make me that sad, just left me feeling odd. It made me love Phillip Seymour Hoffman even more, that man can do no wrong.

I'm writing a short list in my head of all the points we have to talk about tonight so I don't miss out on anything.