Wednesday, May 14, 2008

What I did today...

Because I only have two days left of work and I don't really have a lot to do, I'm taking advantage of the high speed internet Rogers supplies their employees with (not like the slow speed internet they supply to their customers...) and doing some research. So today I did the following:
1. Applied for two volunteer positions, one at YYZ (an artist run collective that publishs books on Canadian art and a zine, as well has a pretty great gallery) and Design Exchange (massive design museum and education centre).
2. Befriended multiple coworkers on Facebook.
3. Worked out how I can fit 4 countries into one week in Europe.
4. Worked out how much it will cost to travel and sleep in said countries.
5. Picked out some duty free goods for when my parents come over.

Its been great. After Thursday, my life in Toronto is going to be quite different. The last few months I have had an excess of money and not a whole lot of time to spend it. Its also been super cold pretty much since I've gotten here and the weather has just started to change and I will now be able to appreciate it. I've planned to do alot of things that I haven't ever had time or money to do and now that I won't be working as much I will actually be able to achieve some of my goals here. I envision a Summer of bike rides, new friends, lots of parties and lots of valuable experiences. My time will be spilt three ways between work, volunteering and friendships. For example, my day today included working, followed by a volunteer meeting for Worldwide Short Film Festival, followed by a bike ride down to Queen West for a patio dinner with Kania. If only every day was like that!

On a fashion note, I really like the white and black flowers in this outfit from Facehunter...

Oh I got new glasses in the mail yesterday but I haven't taken a picture yesterday, I will post when I do!

1 comment:

jessica. said...

Those flowers are so freaking hot. i wish my hair looked like that girl's!

i've been sitting on the computer drooling over the new lover.. i am about to post a long, image heavy entry about it!